Visual content marketing must be at the top of your 2014 “To Do” list. Content marketing is rapidly evolving and that evolution begins with visual content. No longer are free reports the secret to inbound marketing success. Visual content is rapidly becoming the method to attract and engage paying clientele. Now is the time to rethink and formulate your visual content strategy for the coming year. By effectively utilizing visual content like infographics, video, memes, and even Instagrams in your marketing campaigns you can reach more potential clientele in 2014.
- The increase of usage of smart phones & tablets
- The widespread availability of high speed wireless networks
- The decreased cost of data that allows uploads to be cost effective
- The emergence of focused visual media social networks such as Pinterest and Instagram
The growth of visual content marketing has occurred for a number of notable reasons.
Visual Content Marketing Will Reign Supreme
As the old saying goes, “Content is king.” And visual content marketing is making a play for dominating that throne. According to statistics gathered by Hubspot, consider:
- 90% of information transmitted to the mind is visual
- Visuals are processed 60,000X faster than text
- 40% of individuals will respond better to visual content
The Online Value of Visual Content
Visual content has remarkable benefits for any business.
- Increased sharing. Video is more likely to go viral than text
- Improvements to SEO. Remember, YouTube is owned by Google
- Faster rate of brand awareness
- More traffic driven to your website and landing pages
An Easy Visual Content Strategy for SMB’s & Entrepeneurs
When a SMB or entrepreneur has their hands full servicing existing clientele, it is tough to generate your own visual content, much less develop an overall strategy. One of my clients is a prestigious dental surgery center in Orange County, CA. What I laid out for them as a visual content strategy may serve some use to you, on how to develop some great content, without spending a lot of time or money.
1. Hire a local college student who is studying film or photography. They can produce some pretty amazing visual content, and these bright students are looking to build their own portfolio. Their costs are fairly affordable.
2. You can use your iPhone and a simple app called Videolicious. You will be amazed at how easy it is to create some great video content on your own.
3. Take your best reviews on Yelp and Google and ask these satisfied clientele if you can make a video of their praises and successes. Not only can you share these videos across your social media channels, but so will they on their own. Now your content has attained the status of “word of mouse.”
4. Leverage your visual content through email, placing it on your website, blog posts and press releases.
5. Find a person who is passionate about Instagram and Pinterest. Establish a simple strategy to develop visual content that will feature your products, as well as those clientele that are successfully utilizing your brand. The creativity here is actually unlimited and can become quite fun and adventurous!