Google Plus for marketing – What is the right strategy and tactics to grow your followers and engagement? While I am not by any means an expert, I want to share some recent breakthroughs I have had in gaining new followers and many more +1’s on my content.
In fact, in the last 24 hours, I have gained more followers and +1’s than I have in the whole of 2014 combined. I purchased no followers. I applied some reverse engineering and experimentation.
More About Google Plus
Google Plus has more users than you think. In comparison to Facebook, Google Plus does not have as many followers or engagement. But this is also true of most other social media platforms. In early 2014, Forbes surveyed 60,000 US online adults which social sites they used and 22% reported that they visited Google Plus each month. That’s the same number who told us they use Twitter, and more than told us they use LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Instagram. That means you can build a real follower base on Google Plus: On average, top brands have collected 90% as many fans on Plus as on Twitter. (In fact, the brands we studied have more followers on Google Plus than on YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram combined.)
Second, and more importantly, Google Plus generates much more brand engagement than you think. Per that same survey by Forbes, they found that more than 3 million user interactions with more than 2,500 brand posts on seven social networks. The result? Brands’ Google Plus posts generated nearly as much engagement per follower as their Facebook posts — and almost twice as much engagement per follower as their Twitter posts.
Google Plus For Marketing: Actions For Complete Newbies
I have less than 1,000 followers but that is about to change. Why? Well, first of all I had dismissed Google Plus for marketing purposes as a major player in the social media space. But as I started to study it more, as well as listen to more learned people in the business, such as Rand Fishkin at Moz.com, I saw the writing on the wall. Another turning point is when I was speaking with brand expert, David Brier, about his expanded use and success with Google Plus to get his content noticed and shared with hundreds of thousands of people.
Here are my steps, based on actual experience and increased success.
1. Spend time on Google Plus and stop dismissing it.
2. Locate the individuals with a large audience (that is of interest to you) on Google Plus who enjoy high engagement. In others words, 10 or more people who are commenting, giving a +1 and/or sharing that post. YOU WANT TO FIND THE INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE ACTIVELY ENGAGING IN SOME WAY ON GOOGLE PLUS.
3. Follow the active people ONLY with your “Connect with Google” option.
4. Start posting your content with the hashtags that are relevant and/or popular.
5. Watch your number of followers and +1’s grow.
6. Repeat daily. This is good Google Plus for marketing.
Source: Plus Your Business