I was recently interviewed by Wade Bergquist concerning digital marketing strategies for 2016.
Digital Marketing Strategies: Four Basics
Have a written marketing strategy in place. The number one omission in businesses that I visit and consult, which needs to become more effective with their digital marketing strategies, is a having written strategy in hand.
“The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.” – Sun Tzu
A great tool that I recommend for developing a simple, written strategy is what is referred to as a “Lean Canvas.” Google it and you’ll find blogs and videos that describe its use. I have used a Lean Canvas before for my own business and it was quite helpful.
Your digital marketing strategy must embrace this very important and transformational concept: “To generate more media for your brand, your brand must become the media.” CNN and the Wall Street Journal
Your strategy must begin with the simple basics. The most common reason people do not adapt to new technology is:
- They do not understand the new terminology.
- It is moving so fast, that it overwhelms them very quickly and then they quit.
So your strategy must address this by either understanding it internally, or working together with outside professionals who do understand it and get results.
The four pillars of a basic digital marketing strategy are:
- Email marketing. This can become quite sophisticated as a digital marketing tool.
- Hyper-local marketing.
- Reviews on Yelp, Google My Business, etc. are crucial.
- Geo-targeted content (blogs, videos, etc.) that intelligently uses longtail keywords.
- Social Media Marketing – Find the one, obvious channel and master it.
- YouTube – Google Hangouts, product demos, how-to, etc. Using your iPhone is ok.
Let Me Help with Your Digital Marketing Strategies
Digital Marketing Strategies Los Angeles
Contact me on how I may assist your brand to develop a highly effective digital marketing strategy.