Proactive Marketing versus Reactive Marketing: Which one best describes your efforts? Factually, you’re involved in one or the other. There is no gray zone on this vital matter.
Reactive Marketing Defined
- No written marketing strategy and/or plan.
- Referrals occur whenever the customer decides to call.
- Marketing is inconsistent and weak.
- It depends on bottom-of-the-barrel approaches, such as Groupon.
- When marketing is done, it is usually a, “Let’s try this latest fad”.
- The attitude towards marketing is exasperation, rolled eyes and resentment.
Proactive Marketing Defined
- Creating a written marketing plan, based on homework, analysis and research.
- It is viewed and treated as a manageable business process.
- Is not done based on fads or desperation, but only with time-honored methods.
- Referrals are regularly generated through incentive programs, social media and other means.
- “Spray and Pray” blasts of bulk mail, coupons and emails are never used.
- Profits are increasing. Moreover, the owners are happy and in control of their lives.
Exact Proactive Marketing Initiatives To Launch
- Personalize customer service. The more you can elevate your customer service to that one that pampers them with personal care, you will generate more referrals.
- Make your website mobile friendly. Almost half of the searches for businesses and brands are done through mobile devices. Do not be left behind.
- Answer common and important questions. Provide answers and solutions on your website, via your social channels, your emails and throughout all your content. In their 2012 Digital Influence Index, Fleishman-Hillard and Harris Interactive found that 89% of consumers rely on Internet search engines to make purchasing decisions for products and services. The consumers surveyed included both B2C and B2B buyers.
- Survey. Companies that want to engage in proactive marketing, versus reactive marketing, should conduct a lot of market research. By studying the industry through secondary research reports and conducting customer surveys, you will keep yourself well-informed about your particular industry and customer trends.
- Build and use your email list. Email is still the most dominate form of online marketing. It has the best ROI of them all, beating search and social media.
- Utilize more video in your marketing. Video marketing is the most effective content that you can produce and share. It can be leveraged in so many ways.
- Train your sales and marketing personnel. The more you train your staff on customer service, marketing and sales know-how, the more they take proactive and responsible action for their own jobs. Proactive and positive training results in higher morale. As a natural result, you produce more referrals, higher client retention and of course more revenue!
Become Proactive Today!
I stand ready to help you and all of your team to become highly proactive in all your sales and marketing actions. By becoming proactive, you will improve your sales and revenue dramatically. Call me today for a free Marketing Performance Analysis.